The Ways You Can Launch Into New Beginnings
I’m up bright and early getting ready to hop on a flight to Portland. Wheee!
Did you know that I spend half my time there? I’m not sure if we’ve ever talked about that.
Anyway… Let me know if you’re interested and I’ll fill you in!
Before I head out, I wanted to write this. Because that’s how we do.
Ok so let’s catch you up…
Last week was a LOT!
I birthed a brand-new creation that I can’t WAIT to share with you!
Spoiler alert: It’s an online course!
AND… It’s the first new course I’ve created outside my coaching schools in foreverrrrr.
The Hungry Hottie (were you around for that?) was my last one back in 2013 so it’s been 10 YEARS!
It feels wildly exciting!
This course is on EXACTLY how I became SELF Made and went from no running water to living the life I have now – which is mind-blowing when I stop to think about it.
I’ve also recorded bonuses for you on money, relationships and marriage, and personal style….
You’re gonna love it. More on that later!
Next up… the human child I birthed 12 years ago (still can’t believe my body did that!) went back to school this week!
She’s officially an 8th grader! #makeitstop
It was exciting but also bittersweet. I’ve loved having her home through the summer so I’ll definitely miss her being around.
And then… I celebrated my BIRTHDAY on Friday! 🥳
I received the most thoughtful gifts and birthday wishes, spent the day reflecting on what was and what’s to come, and had a lovely dinner with my family. It was just what I wanted.
Birthdays have a special meaning for me. I treat them as like my own personal New Year’s Day since technically, it’s the beginning of a new year (obvi).
When I look at what I want to accomplish in the next year and the identity I have to embrace to become my Future Self, I can honestly say that I don’t remember the last time I’ve been this excited for everything that’s aligning in my life including…
- A deeper, more intimate relationship with Zak
- A special connection with Rain that continues to evolve as she grows up!
- The relaunch of my personal brand in a direction that feeds the deepest part of my soul and purpose
- The creation of my first new course in 10 YEARS!
- The evolution of both the Institute of Transformational Nutrition and The Modern Life Coach School into coaching schools that are shaking up the entire industry (wait for what’s coming!)
- A secret project I can’t talk about – yet! More to come
- A team that’s CRUSHING everything they touch and elevating me AND the businesses (and we’re just getting started!)
- Diving back into painting more and being SO close to finishing a new piece
- Friendships that feel like family
I could go on and on.
But the most important thing to say here is… I created all of this on purpose.
I designed how I wanted my life to be and then just kept taking the right next step.
Was it easy? Fuck to the no. No, it wasn’t. 🙃
But it was worth it.
Now I’m clear on what I’m choosing for this next year of this one precious life I’m living. I know exactly how I’m going to rewrite the chapter.
BUT… you don’t have to wait until your official birthday to change your life. You can start right now!
At any given moment, you can simply stop and decide to do something different. You can make ANY day your “birth”day – the day you birth your new SELF!
You can embrace TODAY as the perfect launchpad for fresh beginnings and exciting adventures. The launchpad for becoming SELF Made.
Keep reading and I’ll show you how!
START A NEW CHAPTER … TODAY!
Every day is a chance to turn the page and begin a new chapter in your life’s story.
Just as a new year brings reflection and resolutions, your birthday can be your personal New Year’s Day.
OR you can just start… today! Because why would you put off living a life you don’t want to escape from for one more day?
You in? Ok…
Here are some things you can do…
Reflect and Reset:
Take a moment to reflect on the past year.
What have you learned? What are you grateful for?
Now, set intentions for the year ahead, whether it’s your birthday or not – and get ready to write the next chapter!
Write the next (year’s) chapter:
What do you want your life to look like in a year?
Where will you live? Who will you live with? How will you dress? Travel? Love?
How will you make money and how much?
How will you spend your time? Stay healthy? Connect with loved ones?
What adventures, challenges, and triumphs do you want this chapter to hold?
Get crystal clear on what you want the next year to look like.
We’re going to be different people a year from now. Wouldn’t you rather have your Future Self created by design instead of default?
Remember, you’re the author and EVERYTHING is possible.
Go get ‘em tiger!
SUPPORT YOURSELF ALONG THE WAY
Creating an exciting new year for the exciting new YOU requires SELF Care.
You will do new things, meet new people, stretch yourSELF just a little further. And you need to support yourSELF along the way.
Here are some ideas:
- SELF Made Morning Magic: Start your day with a moment of gratitude. Visualize your Future Self and visualize going through your day as your Future Self. Then, act as if!
- Treat Yourself: Indulge in activities that make your heart do the happy dance. Whether it’s a spa day, a favorite meal, a simple walk in nature, or curling up with a good book (my fave!) allow yourSELF to be present and enjoy the moment.
- Reflect and Recharge: In the book, “The Road Less Stupid” (you can’t make it up), the author Charlie Cunningham talks about the importance of having “Thinking Time”. Essentially you set aside time everyday to sit. And think. And that’s it.
STOP DOING AND START BEING
Using a birthday (or just choosing a “birth”day) to mark a new beginning is a great way to shape your SELF Made success story.
Just like you did before, set aside some Thinking Time and ask yourSELF the questions…
- What did I accomplish this past year?
- What did I learn from that?
- What was I not successful with this past year?
- What did I learn from those things?
- What is the one big goal I have for next year?
- Who do I need to BE to reach that goal?
Once you’re clear on these answers, focus on how you will take what you’ve learned and wrap that into the Identity of your Future Self who wants to accomplish your one big goal for the next year.
Don’t think about what you need to DO but rather who you need to BE. 🧐
With everything you do, ask yourSELF…
“How would the person you want to be do the thing you’re about to do? “
It’s good, right?
I have this question set as a reminder on my phone several times a day because it’s THAT important.
It reminds me to continually embrace the Identity of who I’m becoming so I don’t stay stuck in who I am now.
Remember, you can be, do, and have anything you choose.