My Secret To Success Stems From Being Healthy. And It’s Not What You Think…
TRIGGER WARNING – This article or section, or pages it links to, contains graphic language and information about suicide which may be upsetting to some people.
For many years I struggled with health issues.
I was overweight, suffered from chronic fatigue and short-term memory loss, and had cystic acne all over my face, neck, and back.
I couldn’t work because I was so sick, and my bank account was resting dangerously on just a few hundred dollars.
The morning I woke up to find lumps in both of my breasts was my breaking point. I just could not go on.
Like so many other people, I had tried everything.
I worked with doctors, trainers, and nutritionists. I had massage therapy, reiki therapy, energy balancing, and was even hypnotized. I worked with crystals, herbal formulas, and did colon cleanses. I took the pills and drank the shakes and nothing helped.
I figured I had given it my very best shot and it was time for me to stop trying.
That night, sitting in a dark corner with the lights of Hollywood streaming through my one apartment window, I was utterly hopeless. I felt worthless and defeated.
And, as I started to come to terms with the fact that this was the end, I started to get angry. I was angry at myself for getting into this place, angry at the people I went to for help that didn’t help me, angry at God.
I was just so tired of fighting.
Then, like I had so many times throughout my life, I realized that if anyone was going to save me, it was going to be me.
I was tired of following all the trends and going outside of myself for advice. It was time to turn inward.
So, I did.
I started thinking about all the other people out there who were struggling just like me.
Who had experienced tragedy and heartbreak, just like me.
Who didn’t feel seen or heard or like they mattered, just like me.
And I knew they needed solutions too.
The tears that were falling had been transformed. They were no longer tears of defeat and sadness. They were tears of joy. And for the first time in my entire adult life, I felt hope.
So I made a deal with the Universe that if I could find a way to heal my body and my heart, I would dedicate my life to helping others do the same.
I enrolled in a nutrition certification program using three credit cards to finance my education. But I knew I was investing in the only thing left to invest in – me.
My studies took me to some interesting places and I learned a lot.
But the turning point for me was when I realized that food and exercise alone won’t fix us.
You Are Fed by More Than What’s on Your Plate
I realized there was a huge gap in the nutrition and wellness industry – two huge gaps to be specific.
- No one was talking about the impact of our mental health on our physical bodies.
- No one was talking about the impact of our spiritual health on our physical bodies.
I saw a real opportunity to change the way people think about nutrition.
And I saw an even bigger opportunity to educate health and nutrition experts…
(and those who want to become one) by bringing the world of health coaching and life coaching into the modern age.
I have spent almost two decades diving deeper into my studies and understanding how our physical health, mental health, and spiritual health is like a 3-legged stool – they must all be equal in order to achieve balance and stability.
I called this new method of nutrition “Transformational Nutrition” because that’s absolutely what it was.
I didn’t know it at the time but it would become my secret to success.
People who I coached using this method didn’t just lose weight and feel better physically, they got out of relationships that weren’t serving them, quit their jobs, and pursued the career of their dreams.
They understood they were meant for so much more. They just needed the practice of Transformational Nutrition to get unstuck.
So… What Exactly is Transformational Nutrition?
Gone are the days of #wellness. It’s time for a bigger conversation. One that includes all the necessary participants.
Transformational Nutrition is the scientific study of health and human wellness in multiple areas including physical nutrition, mental nutrition, and spiritual nutrition.
It’s the only nutritional and health coaching method that focuses on all three areas of health and wellness, which allows you to transform your health and your life at the same time.
Transformational Nutrition redefines “nutrition” as anything that feeds you – physically, mentally, and spiritually.
It’s also a simple answer to outdated wellness trends and impossible nutrition standards.
Transformational Nutrition is taught exclusively at the Institute of Transformational Nutrition (ITN).
About the Institute of Transformational Nutrition
ITN is a fully accredited, state-licensed school that is certifying the next generation of successful health and nutriton coaches.
We’re often imitated but never quite replicated (in fact, other schools have started claiming they certify the “next generation of coaches,” but the people who enroll tell us different).
ITN is the modern-day coaching school for forward-thinking coaches (and those who want to become one). We offer simple, step-by-step courses that teach you, in plain English, how to confidently coach your clients and build a successful business.
But let’s get back to Transformational Nutrition and why it’s so powerful.
What are the 3 Pillars of Transformational Nutrition?
The three pillars of Transformational Nutrition are:
- Physical Nutrition (Science of Nutrition)
- Mental Nutrition (Psychology of Nutrition)
- Spiritual Nutrition (Spirituality of Nutrition)
Physical nutrition is exactly what you might think. It includes factors like food and supplements, lifestyle factors, movement, sleep, and rest.
Mental nutrition focuses on areas including trauma, stress management, your mental environment, anxiety, and any other mental health challenges you might face.
Spiritual nutrition is all about relationships and connections. It includes your relationship with yourself, with others, with something higher than you if you so choose, and with the environment around you.
When you combine these three factors in one coaching method (The Transformational Nutrition Coaching Method), you truly experience health and freedom like you never have before.
This method saved my life.
In fact, it has changed and even saved the lives of millions of people all over the globe.
People have used it to lose weight, recover from illness, repair relationships (with themselves and others), and some have even built a successful career around it as Certified Transformational Nutrition Coaches (CTNCs).
You may have seen this powerful method used on Revenge Body with Khloe Kardashian or on other popular shows like The Doctors or The Dr. Phil Show.
You may also have seen coaches online who practice this coaching method.
How I Practice Transformational Nutrition Daily To Maintain Great Health
Transformational Nutrition saved my life over 15 years ago, and it’s still my go-to method for staying healthy, sane, and balanced.
Here are the things I include in my daily life to make sure this 3-legged stool stays balanced:
- Drink lots of water
- Enjoy a cup of Bulletproof coffee each morning
- Eat clean, high-quality foods while avoiding dairy and gluten
- Move at least 30 minutes a day – I keep my body guessing with yoga, HIIT, weight training, hiking, and running. I also enjoy spending time playing sports with my 9-year-old kiddo.
- Take high-quality supplements. Right now I’m taking
- FemGuard+Balance™ from Designs for Health (DFH)
- Bulletproof A D K
- Bulletproof Collagen Protein Powder
- MitoQ, Immune Support Packets (DFH)
- OmegAvail Ultra from DFH
- Liposomal B Supreme (DFH)
- Evening Primrose
- Hormone Master (when I don’t take FemGuard+Balance)
- I sleep at least 8 hours a night. I’m not good with anything less.
- I wind down and have a bedtime routine that lasts a good 30 minutes, where I enjoy classical music (usual Beethoven strings, etc.) and a couple of nights a week I’ll enjoy a glass of wine from Dry Farm Wines. These wines are biodynamic, additive-free, sugar-free, and has a lower alcohol content than other wines so I wake up feeling great and not wanting to crawl back under the covers!
- PEMF Mat. Shout out to Dave Asprey who turned me on to this. It’s a game-changer for repairing my body.
- DreamSpa light therapy – I do this 3-5 times a week depending on my schedule. It’s great for tightening your skin and helping you relax and recover!
- Sauna or steam room – I do this 3-5 nights a week before my bedtime routine. It’s my happy place.
- I journal daily. It’s a great way to tamper my anxiety and strengthen my mental fortitude. I don’t use anything special, just these cool black notebooks from Amazon.
- Transcendental Meditation – 20 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes in the afternoon.
- I use my Stuck Story Self-Coaching method throughout the day as I need it for a healthy mindset. It takes practice and a longer amount of time at first, but now I can overcome limiting beliefs (or remind me of the ones I’ve already overcome) in minutes.
- I keep a quiet, calmly lit environment where I burn lavender candles.
- I will turn on a diffuser and use oils like lavender (relaxing) or a mint blend (energizing) or citrus (improves my mood) a few days a week. I have a cool diffuser that just plugs into my laptop.
- I spend one-on-one time with my daughter, Rain, to enjoy whatever it is she’s interested in. I’m in awe of how funny and interesting she is!
- My husband, Zak, and I reserve nightly time together to connect deeply. We talk (sometimes over that glass of Dry Farm Wines), deconstruct our day, give each other business advice, and enjoy a good laugh.
- I connect with friends daily either through a simple text message or an evening dinner or drinks.
- I coach and teach our students and grads at the Institute of Transformational Nutrition (ITN), and this feeds me so deeply.
- I also practice gratitude regularly (including nightly at dinner with the fam), and spend time in silence or nourish my most important relationship – the one I have with myself.
- Every morning I spend time outside to connect with nature and boost my levels of serotonin. I also love being outside on warm nights in LA. This city feeds me and I love taking it in.
Want to Learn More About Transformational Nutrition?
I know this might seem like a lot but remember, I’ve been practicing Transformational Nutrition for almost 20 years.
You can start simply – just pick one thing to do from each of the three pillars – physical health, mental health, and spiritual health. It’s really that simple!
The only important thing is that you focus on all three pillars daily. Set reminders for yourself and find a way to slide them into your regularly scheduled life.
Make it a priority every single day to focus on what feeds you.
You can learn more about Transformational Nutrition and pick up great tips for all three pillars at blog.transformationalnutrition.com.
If you’re interested in becoming a Certified Transformational Nutrition Coach to dive deeper into this powerful method, you can find more information at www.transformationalnutrition.com! We have people just like you who enroll so they can better care for themselves and their families – and many even turn it into a successful new career or add it to their current career.