“What do you want to be when you grow up?”
I’m sure you heard that question about 10,000 times by the time you turned 5. But why are so many of us unsure of the answer if we’ve been thinking about it since we were old enough to talk?
Our society has established this idea that we should all know exactly what we want to do for the rest of our lives by a very young age, but needing to have it all “figured out” becomes a source of stress, anxiety, guilt, and shame.
Each thought about needing to have things figured out pushes us further and further into a place of comparison where we wonder if we’ll ever live up to this image of what our lives “should” be like.
My guest today, Christine Hassler, is a Life Coach with a counseling emphasis known for catalyzing radical self-reflection while offering practical direction. She is passionate about busting the myth that life is about living by a checklist and having it all figured out.
Here’s What You Will Discover In This Episode
- 4:42 – The inspirational journey that led Christine to let go of her ‘shoulds’ to finally live the life she wanted.
- 9:38 – How to find the courage to be yourself, even when you never thought you could.
- 11:09 – The meaning behind “expectation hangovers” and the lasting effects they can have on you.
- 12:14 – How you can change your entire perspective and be more present just by embracing your feelings (yes, really).
- 16:45 – How to surrender and embrace your true self and why you should.
- 19:14 – Christine’s five steps to help you let go of your “shoulds” and live the life you want (you have to hear these).
- 22:53 – The incredible thing that Christine’s really hungry for.